Over 50? Family History? Get Screened!
The physicians at Consultants in Gastroenterology and the South Carolina Endoscopy
Centers perform more colonoscopies than anyone else in the area.
It is the ﬁrst and only gastroenterology practice in the state to be recognized by a major
insurance company for demonstrating outstanding quality in performing colonoscopies.
Know the Facts About Colon Cancer:
- Second leading cause of cancer death
- Does not discriminate against gender or race
- Age is the most important risk factor
- Family history or other illnesses increase risk
- Cancer usually begins as a small growth (polyp)
- Early colon cancer may cause no symptoms
- Colonoscopy is the best test
- Removing colon polyps PREVENTS colon cancer
- Gastroenterologists are colonoscopy experts
What you need to do:
- If 50 or older, ask your doctor about screening
- Tell the doctor about any digestive symptoms (ex: unexplained change in bowel behavior, weight loss, abdominal pain, blood in stool)
- Know your family history - screening may need to start earlier
- Before a colonoscopy, have a good prep - the best prep allows the best examination
- Experience matters - If you’re planning to have a colonoscopy, make sure your physician performs colonoscopies every day
Consultants in Gastroenterology
Welcome to Consultants in Gastroenterology & the South Carolina Endoscopy Centers!
With our team of highly skilled, experienced and caring physicians, nurse practitioners and clinical
personnel, we are focused on providing you with the best care available in the Midlands.
We specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of the digestive system: esophagus, stomach, intestines, gall bladder, pancreas and liver.
Our service includes patient education, information and emotional support to alleviate anxiety and optimize comfort in all we do.